The Write Way to Succeed on Amazon – Karmen Berentsen – Amazon Legends – Episode # 151
10/06/22 Nick Uresin
Today’s guest started in tech and became a multi-millionaire at the age of 33 when she sold her company. Then she transitioned into the fashion industry when she put Denver on the fashion map. Karmen Berentsen is the Owner of A Line Boutique and the author of Learning to Fly. Karmen shared the story of how she created her company, why Amazon is great for selling your self-published book, and what writing a book actually entails.
- Clothes are powerful. The clothes you wear send a message to other people and yourself. When you look great, you also feel great.
- Your customers have a lot of people who need a lot from them. You need to be there to take care of them, bring a little joy to their day, and help them accomplish their goals.
- When your company is making a real impact on the community, you will get so much energy from that, your customers will want to come back, and growing your business will be so much easier.
- If you’re writing a book, don’t worry about making the first draft perfect. If the story is flowing out of you, don’t stop that flow to try an edit, let it all out first and then go back through.
- For selling books on Amazon, sellers don’t go through Seller Central, they go through Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). Amazon will print your book as orders come in.
- When listing your book on Amazon through KDP, you are initially only allowed to select three categories for your book. However, if you call them, you can get listed in four to five additional categories.
- To have Amazon’s #1 Seller badge for your book, you need to have sold the most books in 24 hours. Doing that takes a lot of planning and preparation to get people interested and ready to buy the book during the specific window that you are trying to hit.
Quote of the Show:
- “We are helping women daily feel alive” – Karmen Berentsen
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karmen-berentsen-6a87818/
Company website: https://www.aline-online.com/
Personal website: https://www.karmenberentsen.com/
Learning To Fly: https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Fly-Memoir-Karmen-Berentsen/dp/1735235008/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Amazon Legends is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!