The Right Way to Do Online Arbitrage on Amazon – Kip Roland – Amazon Legends – Episode # 158
11/01/22 Nick Uresin
Today’s guest is a lifelong entrepreneur by that I mean since his childhood, so he started building businesses when he was little. He’s currently the founder of Kick Smith’s and he’s an avid golfer and heavily into cooking and movies. Product Manager at Dayspring cards, and worked full time.
- It’s important for private labels to protect themselves and protect their brand.
- The most important thing that’ll give you the history of the listing. And you really need to have a good understanding of a Keepa in the kippah chart.
- To find products, use tactical arbitrage, which is pretty popular tool for online arbitrage sellers. Basically, you can search any site online for it’ll go through their products and then it’ll cross scan them through Amazon. And given your discount metrics or whatever you’re using to get discounts.
- Make decisions for the long term.
- Find websites or shop on shop in store, and you’re finding discounts you’re finding close out, you’re purchasing a lot of units, and then you’re sending them to Amazon, under those ASINs.
- You need invoices from legitimate distributors to prove that you’re selling legitimate product and you’re not scamming people.
- That will be the ultimate build, you’re building a brand. You’re building a listing, you’re building a product.
- You have to be building your own brand. Prove yourself to basically adapt to any situation, and face any challenge to make it through and figure out the right thing to do.
Quote of the Show:
- The biggest challenge in Online Arbitrage is IP Infringements, the way to avoid is not to compete with the Brand but other sellers doing online arbitrage.
- Personal – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kip-roland-103515160/
- DaySpring – Website: https://www.dayspring.com/
- DaySpring – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dayspringfans
- DaySpring – Twitter: https://twitter.com/dayspring
- DaySpring – Instagram: https://instagram.com/dayspringcards
- DaySpring – Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/dayspring/
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Amazon Legends is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!