Episode #115 – The Model For Building Your Brand – Barbra Bannon – Amazon Legends
03/10/22 Nick Uresin
No matter what your level of experience selling on Amazon is, you need to get ready to learn from this episode. Barbra Bannon has launched, ran, and sold multiple companies as an Amazon seller. Barbra is giving out critical advice to Amazon sellers of all sizes about what model to follow when creating your brand, how to increase your external traffic, and which KPIs to focus on.
- The proven model for building a successful brand is as follows: 1. Identify a problem facing consumers; 2. Support it with statistics and sources; 3. State the solution; 4. Tie the solution into your product.
- Having the first-mover advantage does come with some benefits, however, the costs and uncertainty should not be discounted when considering making a strategic business decision. There may be a reason why no one else is in that space so do your homework!
- By trademarking your brand with the US PTO, you will unlock access to “A plus content” from the Brand Registry. A-plus content includes assets like branded advertising, product videos, and crucially, brand protection.
- Google will index your A-plus content pages which can increase your external traffic from Google searches.
- As a seller, you’re not going to make your money by making cheap, low average order value products. You need to find ways to increase your average order value such as bundling or selling bulk.
- Apply for awards on Amazon for your products. You have to submit the application for it as Amazon will not seek out products for the awards. Winning these kinds of awards provides extra social proof of your brand’s quality to prospective buyers.
- When reviewing the data from your listings, pay close attention to the conversion rate and see which search terms have the highest conversion. Compare your conversions to the benchmarks of your category.
Quote of the Show:
- “People don’t typically look at their CR, which is the conversion rate column. That’s where the gold is” – Barbra Bannon
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sparkevolution/
- Company Store: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4B7H13/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk
- Boosted Commerce
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries (book)
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/092e0e83-44d8-42a3-9efd-f57daad2bbff/amazon-legends-podcast
- Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Podcast/B08JJQKM6V
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amazon-legends-podcast/id1589750284
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/01NnJ5SHgUFTBDr77HtExu?si=7850ec72879e401e
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODM1ODcwLnJzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG09G16uH1AhWSrnIEHbUABo0Q9sEGegQIARAD
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/amazon-legends-podcast
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/tuN_nx8Uyac
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!