E111: Strategizing for the Surge – Michael Anderegg – Amazon Legends
02/09/22 Nick Uresin
Amazon is a wild landscape of amazing possibilities and great consequences for those who are not aware of what is going on. Michael Anderegg has seen just about everything that Amazon has to throw at him and now he’s passing along those tips in this episode. You’ll learn about the ups and downs of offering product bundles, how to approach analyzing the massive amounts of data to get valuable insights, and when to start planning for peak buying times.
- A product bundle can have many benefits if you set it up and manage it correctly. By listing a parent product and adding bundles underneath it you can drive more traffic to the parent product, save ad dollars, give customers more options to buy, and maximize revenue.
- Before you create a bundle you need to know what components it’s made up of and have an inventory management system that is able to deplete the stock of the bundle when the individual products that are in it are being sold.
- Using an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software gives you a global view of what every step of your business looks like. An ERP can give you your COGS and Gross Margin in real-time, both of which are crucial to keep track of.
- There are many things to consider when deciding on fulfillment, especially the product size, customer order behavior, what you are able to produce, what the run rates on that sku are, and what you are comfortable having in stock at any location at any time.
- When using FBA, it’s a good idea two have two listings created for the same product, one for FBA and the other for FBM. Only one of these listings can be active at a time, but if FBA sells out, you can easily activate the FBM listing.
- If you are creating a listing for a product that you will fulfill yourself, you must put in the Fulfillment Latency Rate, or how many days it takes to ship the product. Without adding this it defaults to “in stock” and Amazon will penalize you for any delays in shipping.
- Be sure to look at your Seller Rating! These ratings are extremely important. Make sure your customer doesn’t have an excuse that is in your control to leave a bad review. Consider including a guide with your product and making video tutorials.
Quote of the Show:
- “Peak buying season begins before even peak buying season” – Michael Anderegg
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manderegg/
- Company website: https://redfora.com/
- Josh – Head of Operations for Redfora
- Megan – Redfora Customer Service
- Steve – Redfora Finance
- Derek – Redfora Marketing Manager
- Alina – Redfora Copywriting
- Charles – CEO of Redfora
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/092e0e83-44d8-42a3-9efd-f57daad2bbff/amazon-legends-podcast
- Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Podcast/B08JJQKM6V
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amazon-legends-podcast/id1589750284
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/01NnJ5SHgUFTBDr77HtExu?si=7850ec72879e401e
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODM1ODcwLnJzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG09G16uH1AhWSrnIEHbUABo0Q9sEGegQIARAD
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/amazon-legends-podcast
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/YuDB6hZLYpY
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!