Mastering SEO on Your Amazon Listings – Faith Denniston – Amazon Legends – Episode #223
04/11/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Faith Denniston. She is an Amazon expert with over 7 years of experience, an unrelenting thirst for knowledge, and an undeniable love of all things SEO and PPC! A Senior Brand Manager at My Amazon Guy, she helps sellers succeed and grow on Amazon’s platform and navigate all of its many challenges. When she’s not busy dominating Amazon’s ever-changing landscape, you can find her curled up with a good fiction book or hanging out with her trusty sidekick and feline familiar, Annabelle. In today’s episode, she discusses mastering SEO on your Amazon listings.
- SEO is the foundation for your listing; you can’t index and drive traffic to your listing with PPC unless you have exact search terms in your listing.
- Using the exact search term will impact your indexing, which impacts your searchability.
- In order to perform effective keyword research, you should target keywords that receive at least 100 organic searches per month.
- You should not put your competitor’s brand name on your content to get indexed for that search term, but if your listing sells well, Amazon will show your listing when someone searches for your competitor’s brand.
- You can use the Alt Text section to add misspellings and Spanish keywords to your listing to get indexed.
- When analyzing the search query performance report, if you find keywords with fewer impressions but more clicks and many “add to cart”, you can use those keywords to drive sales by increasing your Ad spend.
Quote of the Show:
SEO Phase 1 is looking at competitor listings, checking out keywords with minimum search volume, and going from there. Phase 2 is removing duplicates from the title, and bullet points and working on the backend terms, where we will be placing Spanish terms, misspellings, or something we would not necessarily want in the front end.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/faithdenniston/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MyAmazonGuy
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!