Managing an Aggregator and Brands in Difficult Times – Jordan Dekker – Amazon Legends – Episode #173
12/06/22 Nick Uresin
Our guest today is Jordan Dekker, he is currently the Director of Strategy and Operations at Thrasio which is one of the largest aggregators in the world. Thrasio works with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. In this episode, he talks about managing an aggregator and brands in difficult times.
- You need to be cautious of your ranking through keywords.
- Watch your click-through rate and conversion rate to be satisfactory.
- You need to understand where your traffic is from, organic or paid.
- Your product has to be unique to some degree.
- Try to avoid too generic keywords if you are looking to rank your product. Use mid-level keywords for your product rankings.
Quote of the Show:
I think that as the owner, the longer you spend looking at your keywords, understanding your market, understanding your advertising, and everything else people talk about when it comes to optimization, you will have a higher chance of success than trying to find someone to hire for the same job.
- Personal – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-dekker-b3372685/
- Thrasio – Website: https://www.thrasio.com/
- Thrasio – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/thrasio/
- Thrasio – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thrasio/
- Thrasio – Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHl91EJSdUB-iqkKqA2s_wQ
- Thrasio – Twitter: https://twitter.com/thrasio
Amazon Legends is sponsored by ArgoMetrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!