04/27/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Vanessa Hung. She is a problem solver of the unsexy stuff of Amazon. She began transforming Amazon’s businesses in 2017. As the founder and CEO of Online Seller Solutions, she has helped many sellers free themselves from the pain of dealing with and managing their Seller Central accounts. She is a public speaker, and her passion is sharing knowledge about strategies, trends, and tips on starting, scaling, and transforming eCommerce businesses, specifically Amazon. Also, she is part of Carbon 6 as a Community Ambassador, where she helps and builds a community of sellers through education about eCommerce. For her, every day is a learning day. In today’s episode, she discusses how to use your IDQ score to drive organic sales.
- Sellers often focus only on the front end of their listings, such as the title, bullets, and pictures, and neglect the backend attributes that Amazon provides. The backend attributes are in a flat-file format and can be updated by sellers to optimize their listings.
- You cannot change the category through flat files because Amazon will change it even if you provide a different category using flat files.
- Once an ASIN is created and approved, the subcategory doesn’t matter as much as the keywords associated with the listing and the ranking of those keywords.
- You do not need to put repeat keywords and misspellings in the back end now because Amazon’s algorithm is evolved to mix and match the keywords.
- Long paragraphs or bullet points are less likely to be read, so focus on shorter and more to-the-point information. People tend to read text within pictures and infographics so, use those to convey information.
- Amazon sellers should be aware that competitors can hijack their listing by using flat files, which can lead to the suspension of the listing if restricted keywords are added. Therefore, sellers should fill in as much information as possible in their category report, keep it updated, and monitor their listings for any unauthorized changes.
Quote of the Show:
We have something called the IDQ Score. It is an internal metric on a scale of 0 to 100 on Amazon that enables the algorithm to rank you and index you for keywords. You will get 80 fairly easily but how much you do with the remaining 20 is the most important that will get your listing more exposure.
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – https://www.onlinesellersolutions.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/itsvanessahung
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/itsvanessahung/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessaamazonproblemsolver/
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!