How to Use the Product Opportunity Explorer to Set Strategy – Keith O’Brien – Amazon Legends – Episode #222
04/06/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Keith O’Brien. He is the Founder and CEO of Page.One—a full-service Amazon creative agency offering comprehensive Brand and Advertising management, as well as individual creative services designed to increase engagement and conversion. Since 2014, Keith’s companies have worked with thousands of eCommerce businesses, large and small. Keith now leads a team of keyword specialists, copywriters, photographers, creative directors, designers, data geeks, advertising strategists and brand managers to bring Page.One’s solutions to brands looking to scale their Amazon businesses. In today’s episode, he discusses how to use the product opportunity explorer to set a strategy.
- Product opportunity explorer inside Amazon is a great tool for figuring out the size of the marketplace.
- The product opportunity explorer tool gives you data on year-over-year trends of independent search words, trends of the niche, and click share of all the top sellers in the niche.
- People usually look for products that elevate their status.
- Small business badges and climate pledge-friendly badge are easy to get badges that you can get on Amazon.
- Amazon’s choice badge, best seller badge, and best new release badge are easy-to-get performance-based 3 main badges on Amazon.
- Depending on the category, there are 16 to 60 listings appear on the first page on Amazon for a particular search.
- You can use AI tools like Chat GPT to go through your competitor’s negative reviews and give solutions through your listing description, pictures, and video.
Quote of the Show:
First, we divide the catalog into three tiers. Tier 1 is where the money is coming from. Tier 2 is the next round and Tier 3 is the sleeper opportunities. Then we assess the needs of the listings such as best-in-class pictures, content, videos and others.
- Personal – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/keithbobrien/
- Page.One – Website: Page.One
- Contact Info – Phone: 833.467.2431
- Page.One – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/page-one-agency/
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!