Feeling the Revolutionary Vibrations – Keith Kirkland – Amazon Legends – Episode # 152
10/11/22 Nick Uresin
Today’s guest is a visionary, public speaker, inclusive technologist, and Fashion and Industrial Designer that helped the first blind person to complete the NYC marathon without assistance. Keith Kirkland is the CoFounder of WearWorks, which invented a navigation system that removes the need for sight and sound. Kieth shared his incredible journey that led to the start of WearWorks, how his team in navigating the eCommerce world, and how you can use Amazon to test your ad spend.
- Even though you may have a specific audience in mind when designing your product, don’t design your product so that only that specific audience can use it. Think about the other applications and don’t add friction for them to buy your product.
- If you’re creating a product that performs a function and is also meant to be worn, you need to make sure that it looks fashionable and that the form is not completely sacrificed for the function.
- If you are already selling on your website, try A/B testing it against Amazon and using the results of that test to determine where you should spend your ad dollars.
- When you are dealing with a revolutionary idea, don’t just try and use it in the most obvious application, think about where it could go beyond that most obvious stepping stone and work to get there first.
- Amazon Launchpad is a special program from Amazon where you sell wholesale to Amazon and Amazon helps market the product for you. Through Launchpad, Amazon offers much better wholesale margins than those available from traditional distributors.
- The Launchpad program is very selective and your company must either be invited to join by Amazon or make it through the long application process.
Quote of the Show:
- “Touch is the future of digital communications” – Keith Kirkland
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/klkirkland/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/keithnin
- Company Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wear.works/?hl=en
- Company website: https://www.wear.works/
- Wayband on the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wayband/id1405786049
- David Clark – Amazon Legends Episode # 119: https://argometrix.com/blog/episode-119-lifting-off-the-launchpad-david-clark-amazon-legends/
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Amazon Legends is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!