06/09/22 Nick Uresin
Launching a new product on Amazon is a big, complicated process, but you don’t have to go in blind! Michelle Ross, a former teacher turned an entrepreneur, is the Co-Founder & COO of Cosmo Technologies. Michelle shares her experience of successfully launching a brand on Amazon and overcoming the challenges that new sellers face. You’ll hear about understanding what your customer really wants, how most effectively use your listing’s content, and what goes into thoughtfully forecasting demand.
- When selling products meant for children, you need to attract and sell to their parents. What parents are looking for in a product is much different than what a child is looking for, so you really need to understand what the decision-maker is looking for.
- Even if your listing is facing resellers, you can outperform them by better understanding what perceived attributes your customers are looking for beyond just a spec sheet, such as brand reputation, security, and privacy.
- Amazon is a great place to find new customers, especially parents as 50% of parents shop for their children on Amazon. Amazon can act as the lead gen source, but you also need to build the other aspects that are expected of a good brand.
- You need to be intentional about the content that goes into your listings, this includes everything from written content to video content. Your listing has the opportunity to educate your customers about the product and the brand if done correctly.
- The graphic and video content in your listings should give customers a visual understanding of the product they are purchasing, how to use it, and what to expect from it. This helps take the place of the experience of physically interacting with the product.
- You need a strategy for launching your product on Amazon. Before your listing goes live, you need to have the necessary fulfillment team in place and a strong understanding of the platform and its analytics.
- If you get a product complaint, you need to answer it and address it as soon as possible! If this lingers unanswered, Amazon may take your listing down, especially with new products.
Quote of the Show:
- “It does take a team and it also takes a good sense of adventure and humor to be an Amazon seller” – Michelle Ross
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebwright/
- Website: https://cosmotogether.com/
- Storefront: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A3SFRTQB8BHJ17&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CosmoSW.Tech
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cosmotogether/
- Hometown Industries
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast (Leave a Review): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amazon-legends-podcast/id1589750284
- iHeart Radio: https://iheart.com/podcast/94668552/
- Podchaser (Leave a Review): https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/amazon-legends-podcast-1986925
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/092e0e83-44d8-42a3-9efd-f57daad2bbff/amazon-legends-podcast
- Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Podcast/B08JJQKM6V
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/01NnJ5SHgUFTBDr77HtExu?si=7850ec72879e401e
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODM1ODcwLnJzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG09G16uH1AhWSrnIEHbUABo0Q9sEGegQIARAD
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/amazon-legends-podcast
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/K5AzvaU3XrI
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!