05/05/22 Nick Uresin
Discover the secrets for taking your Amazon business to the top of the charts and the first page of results! Sabir Semerkant has found success on Amazon from every starting point imaginable and is passing along what he has learned along the way. You’ll need a pen and paper as you learn about promoting your brand on Amazon the right way, how to rank higher when launching a new product on Amazon, and what you can do when it’s time to sell your Amazon Business.
- Amazon is a branding platform as much as it is a shopping platform. It’s imperative to use Amazon as a way to tell your brand’s story to the massive amount of 24/7 traffic on the site.
- Using Brand Registry by itself is not enough, you need to also optimize your Enhanced Content. The Enhanced Content serves as an editorial space for the brand, don’t just upload an image and call it a day.
- Don’t limit your dream for the business to only ever be a successful Amazon seller; there are many companies and investors who are looking to acquire successful brands that sell on Amazon.
- Amazon sellers should factor in the freight costs of shipping their products, Amazon’s commission fees, and their true FBA charges as part of their Cost of Goods Sold when determining their Gross Margin.
- When introducing a new product, there are two ways to rank on the first page of results on Amazon. The first way is by paying for sponsored ads on the first page. The second way is to use a “90% Discount” which drops the price to increase product adoption.
- There are three key metrics from Amazon customers, recency, frequency, and monetary value. Amazon cares most about the frequency that a customer returns to Amazon to solve their problems. Subscribe & Save products are a great way to increase frequency.
- Selling your business comes with many hidden costs, like lawyers and certified accountants, and diverts your attention from growing the business. Until the sale is final, your focus should be on building your company.
Quote of the Show:
- “When you are building up a business, you should not just think about selling the product on Amazon and that’s your life and you’re going to be doing that for the rest of your life” – Sabir Semerkant
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sabirsemerkant/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SabirS
- Company website: https://growthbysabir.com/
- Podcast: https://growthbysabir.com/#articles
- Blog: https://medium.com/worklifebalancebysabir
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Rocketship-Moon-HACKING-BUSINESS-INSIGHTS-ebook/dp/B097SSG2PW
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcast (Leave a Review): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amazon-legends-podcast/id1589750284
- iHeart Radio: https://iheart.com/podcast/94668552/
- Podchaser (Leave a Review): https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/amazon-legends-podcast-1986925
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/092e0e83-44d8-42a3-9efd-f57daad2bbff/amazon-legends-podcast
- Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Podcast/B08JJQKM6V
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/01NnJ5SHgUFTBDr77HtExu?si=7850ec72879e401e
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODM1ODcwLnJzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG09G16uH1AhWSrnIEHbUABo0Q9sEGegQIARAD
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/amazon-legends-podcast
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/V32J1fl0jiE
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!