Episode #117 – Setting Up Your Brand to Scale – Robert Gomez – Amazon Legends
03/24/22 Nick Uresin
Map out your path to success being a seller on Amazon by building out your infrastructure from day one. Robert Gomez, a veteran Amazon seller, is passing along his knowledge from his experiences running two successful brands on Amazon. You’ll learn about when to start setting your company up for scaling, when the right time to use paid ad campaigns is, and which metrics are the most important to focus on during peak selling times.
- It’s more important for you as a seller to invest a lot of effort into building infrastructure for your brand to scale than focus just on sales.
- One of the new challenges to beginning to sell on Amazon that is becoming more common is that large private equity firms, venture capitalists, etc. are acquiring brands that have found success on Amazon and are pumping more funding into them.
- The earlier you start with building infrastructure and automation into your Amazon account, the easier it will be. You need to be aware of your brand’s financials in order to make informed, strategic decisions and that requires infrastructure.
- If your brand is not selling on Amazon, no matter what size it is, you are leaving money on the table.
- If you aren’t selling on Amazon, other companies will also move in to take your potential space or even resell your products which drives down the price of your product and hurts your brand.
- During peak order times, knowing what your liquidity is and managing your inventory is paramount. In order to scale up to demand, you need to gain capital to buy more stock and the cheapest way to do that is with the credit you get from your suppliers.
- The ideal price point to use FBM in conjunction with paid ads depends on the item, but a good benchmark to have is to reach 25-30% margins after the cost of ads. This can vary based on circumstances such as competition and what the product is.
Quote of the Show:
- “The quicker that you get traffic to the listing, the quicker you can work on conversion” – Robert Gomez
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertgom/
- Company Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kaffeproducts/
- Company website: https://kaffeproducts.com/
- Company website: https://bulletkeeper.com/
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/092e0e83-44d8-42a3-9efd-f57daad2bbff/amazon-legends-podcast
- Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Podcast/B08JJQKM6V
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/amazon-legends-podcast/id1589750284
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/01NnJ5SHgUFTBDr77HtExu?si=7850ec72879e401e
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODM1ODcwLnJzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG09G16uH1AhWSrnIEHbUABo0Q9sEGegQIARAD
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/amazon-legends-podcast
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/0E3W2Vd1ldg
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!