02/14/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Matt Rosenthal. He is a Senior Brand Manager at Perch, a leading consumer goods company that buys and builds brands sold online and in stores across the globe. Prior to joining Perch, He worked as Director of Marketing at Pure Hockey, the nation’s largest specialty hockey equipment retailer, where he led a team of marketing professionals focused on improving customer acquisition, retention, and lifetime value, and also oversaw all customer-facing marketing communications. Matt also worked in the Analytics Consulting group at Harte Hanks, helping B2B and B2C businesses achieve smarter customer interactions. He holds an MBA from Boston University and a B.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Richmond. He has specific experience leading initiatives relating to customer loyalty programs, brand management, and corporate strategy development. In today’s episode, he discusses unlocking the potential of Amazon promotions.
Amazon Legends Shorts with Matt Rosenthal:
|Title||Watch on YouTube|
|Amazon Hacks #1||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #2||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #3||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #4||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #5||Click to Watch|
- Having a clear understanding of your true costs is important.
- A good sense of forecasting can help you save on storage costs.
- The best way to sell your excess FBA stock is to reduce prices and offer promotions rather than bring it back.
- Take your time when changing prices and do it gradually.
- There is a $150 fee to run a lightning deal and you cannot choose the time when it takes place (Amazon assigns a 12-hour window).
- It is imperative that you find people who love your product and win them over.
Quote of the Show:
Running a coupon is generally better than not running a coupon in terms of conversion rates. The optics will be good and people will be incentivized to make a purchase. However, from the data we have seen, there is not a huge difference between running a 5% off and 10% off.
- Personal – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrosenthal22/
- Perch – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/perchhq/
- Perch – Website: https://www.perchhq.com/
- Perch – Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_PQ1fKyuo6YLs_spUrWxDw
- Perch – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PerchHQ/
- Perch – Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatperch/
- Perch – Twitter: https://twitter.com/perch_hq
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!