The Essence of Building A Brand for Direct-to-Consumer Products – Linda Johansen-James – Amazon Legends – Episode # 160
11/05/22 Nick Uresin
Today’s guest is a Billion Dollar Brand Maker and a philanthropist. As the Founder and CEO of International Retail Group (IRL), a boutique retail management and consulting firm, Linda works with noted brands as Flip Flop Shops, ABC Mouse and Barbell, to name just a few.
- It’s really essential to being successful when you’re a retailer is recruiting, hiring and training.
- You need to allow your people to post to do tick tock Instagram to build the brand so that people can come in.
- Price is key in the success of a product.
- If it’s a new brand new product, better way to have a focus group where you are making a sale, learning about your product, testing your price, while establishing your presence in Google searches for your brand.
- Social media supports the whole operation.
- You need to innovate. There is no solution yet that you have to measure up to. You just have to do something and then bring a few people on board.
- You’ve got to embrace change, and you’ve got to embrace what your customers want.
Quote of the Show:
- Brands need to make sure that people can buy their products online and return to the store. This whole conversation is around consumers being able to purchase your product in multiple channels.
- Personal – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/linda-johansen-james-03048813/
- IRL – Website: https://irg-retail.com/
- IRL – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/INRMCG
- IRL – Twitter: https://twitter.com/IrgRetail
- IRL – Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/irgretail/
- IRL – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/international-retail-group-llc/
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!