02/25/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is John Hefter. At work and in life, He is a polymath with unrelenting energy and curiosity. He enjoys regularly deploying his expertise in branding, creative, neuroscience marketing, business development, acquisitions, leadership, culture building, and product development across diverse business domains. If a challenge is met, he will face it openly with creativity, humor, and persistence.
As a former Senior Vice President, He curated grand design and product development for their entire brand portfolio. He was heavily involved in their overarching company strategy across various complex domains. He loves problem-solving, building happy and productive teams, disruptive creativity, business development, corporate strategy, and helping his teammates achieve success. In today’s episode, he discusses how Thrasio became successful in launching new products.
- When you are starting out, you need to have differentiation in your product from your competitors.
- If you have an existing product, before moving on to selling a completely different product, it is better to sell a product related to the existing product that you have experience selling.
- When you have a high-volume product, you should promote related products with a package insert.
- The reason people want to buy your business is that they have a tremendous upside in the under-optimized product, that your business is easily understood, and that your revenues are predictable.
- Find a community that is related to what you are doing and connect with them.
Quote of the Show:
- LinkedIn – Personal: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-hefter-a27aaaab/
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!