01/03/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Drey Hilton, He is the Strategy Manager at Dragonflycommerce. He focuses on growing acquired brands by breaking down silos, driving collaboration, and doing the hard things. Using his consulting and Fortune 500 experience, he leverages his expertise to navigate international complexity, drive organizational simplicity, and achieve outsized growth while maintaining profitability. In today’s episode, he discusses about how to expand the amazon business into international marketplaces.
- The seller needs two key things to start selling in the UK, They are VAT ID and importer of record.
- The best way to find an importer on record is to find a compliance service provider through the amazon seller partner network.
- Need to get a good idea of taxes when expanding to avoid losses.
- When selling to European countries look around the neighboring tariffs to find better flexibilities you can comply with.
- Think local but act global.
- Getting a clearance from a tariff expert is the best thing to do for your business.
Quote of the Show:
The bigger volume between Canadian and European Markets will be the European Market. The U.K. is the 3rd or 4th of the European Economy as a whole due to Brexit. Then within the EU itself, you have major players such as Germany, France, Italy, and Spain. In addition, you have the downstream countries.
Personal – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dreytonhiltonecommercestrategy/
Dragonfly – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dragonflycommerce/
Dragonfly – Website: https://www.dragonflycommerce.com/
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!