03/02/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Mark Goldfinger. He is the Vice President of Growth and Business Development at Unybrands. His tenure holds extensive expertise in startups’ growth and international expansion, most notably at WeWork. Having occupied many senior roles concentrated on hiring and building sales teams, opening businesses in new markets, building strategy in existing markets, and helping to overcome obstacles in priority markets, Mark holds expert knowledge of what it takes to find a successful business and knows the ins and outs of the businesses Unybrands are looking for. In today’s episode, he discusses breaking down the value of a brand.
Amazon Legends Shorts with Mark Goldfinger:
|Title||Watch on YouTube|
|Amazon Hacks #1||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #2||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #3||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #4||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #5||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #6||Click to Watch|
|Amazon Hacks #7||Click to Watch|
- To qualify for acquisition the brand should have a strong USP(Unique Selling Proposition), year-over-year growth, strong momentum, not be too seasonal, and have strong reviews.
- If someone is building multiple brands on the same seller account, it is best to maintain the financials separately.
- It is better to maintain a higher than 20% profit margin for your brand.
- When a brand is acquired the debt will still be your responsibility to pay.
- The time to close a deal usually will take 4 to 6 weeks from the first outreach to signing the API.
Quote of the Show:
Typically, you can expect 70-80% of the deal value to be cash at the closing followed by the remaining 20-30% over the next 1-3 years in some sort of stability or earn out mechanism, where if the revenue continues to grow, we will pay out at x or y.
- Personal – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-b-goldfinger-mba-7aa73928/
- Unybrands – Website: www.unybrands.com
- Unybrands – LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/unybrands/
Ways to tune in:
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!