An Alternative Business Model – Retail Arbitrage (not Online Arbitrage)- Omer Muhit – Amazon Legends – Episode #201
02/09/23 Nick Uresin
The guest on today’s episode is Omer Muhit. He is a successful Amazon seller who specializes in reselling books. Over the years, he has sold millions of books. His computer science background has been a significant asset to his business, as it allowed him to co-found a software company that provides powerful tools and services for other Amazon sellers. In today’s episode, he discusses retail arbitrage, an alternative business model for online arbitrage.
- Selling used books can earn you a good living.
- It is important for you to keep track of the inventory value you hold.
- If you want to sell used books online, you can start with books you already have, or you can get books free from your friends or neighbors.
- You can buy used items in bulk from nonprofit organizations for a lower price, then resell them for a profit.
Quote of the Show:
Amazon has different criteria for measuring seller performance on inventory. If it is a fast-moving item, we send it to FBA. If it is a slow-moving item, we use the merchant-fulfilled model.
- Personal – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/omer-muhit-74b730b4/
- OneStart Labs: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onestart-labs/
- Bookz Pro – Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/bookzpro/
- Bookz Pro – Website: https://www.bookzpro.com/
Ways to tune in:
- Apple Podcast
- iHeart Radio
- Amazon Music
- Google Podcast
- YouTube (Subscribe to the channel and leave a comment)
Amazon Legends is sponsored by Argometrix, the authority on, and a leading supplier of, competitive intelligence for online retail. To learn more, head over to https://argometrix.com/
A2X is a world-class software company which automates accurate ecommerce accounting for thousands of ecommerce businesses worldwide. Whether you are selling on Shopify, eBay, Etsy, Amazon or Walmart, A2X will give you confidence your financials are accurate and the insights you need to run your ecommerce business efficiently.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on A2X Accounting services:
An eCommerce suiteto manage and sell products, find keywords, identify trends, optimize listings, streamline advertising campaigns, and more on Amazon.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Helium10 services:
- ARGOMETRIX10 – 10% off onall plans (including annual plans)
- ARGOMETRIX50 – 50% off on first month
Top 1% Amazon sellers rely on Carbon6 tools to scale, optimize, and stay ahead of the curve.The C6 suite of tools makes it simple to optimize and streamline every aspect of your Amazon business.
Use the following coupon codes to receive discount on Carbon6 services:
eComBalance offer monthly bookkeeping services for growing eCommerce brands, agencies, and software companies.
Click here to sign up for eComBalanceand get 1 month free.
Spread the word!
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, then please support me with a review on Apple Podcasts. It's easy and takes 1 minute! Just Click here to head to Apple Podcasts and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!